Friday, April 2, 2010

Here We Go Again

Let's try this again, shall we?

I'm at home now, waiting for Nick to get off work. I have already put in a full week's worth at the hospital "saving lives and stamping out disease" as my fellow nurses say. I'm still adjusting to being a nurse... 9 months into it. Thankfully, I'm back on day shift, so when I'm at home I'm not a zombie. But it's still hard... physically, mentally, and spiritually. I didn't know that this job would require so much of me. But the Lord keeps filling me up to overflow to those in need. It's a blessing but exhausting. I'm looking forward to our trip down to Georgia where I refuse to take care of any sick people! Stuffy noses... out of my sight!

It was a rough week... a lot of extended family issues, but the Lord has a plan and I know it involves bringing Nick and I even closer to each other and to Him. And to make us even more grateful for His grace and forgiveness. A thought we should be reminded of more often than just Good Friday.

Our plan for this Good Friday? Other than being thankful for the sacrifice of Christ on the cross for our sins? We're going to Keeneland, to see beautiful horses race. No betting, I promise! It's just so much fun just to see such majestic creatures... they are SO BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment