Friday, May 14, 2010

So It Begins...

So I'm sitting at work next to the telemetry monitors and looking over my syllabi (syllabuses... syllabi?) for my summer classes yesterday. I have my little goolge calendar pulled up and putting in all my assignments, when I look up and comment to Morganne (another nurse), "What am I doing to myself?!" A question that still echos in my mind even now as I sit on my couches, watching Sting sing Roxanne on the Today show and avoiding my homework.

What. Am. I. Doing?! I mean I just got done with school a year ago, and now I'm going back full time while working full time. Surely this constitutes as self-mutilation. Don't get me wrong, I want to be a nurse practitioner, like real bad; however, this mountain of work ahead of me is very daunting. And I know I'll get through it, I always do. I mean it's only 2 years... I could be going for 6 for my doctorate. But I still feel like Miley Cyrus at the beginning of her hit song, "The Climb" (And yes I know I have an unhealthy relationship with Miley). "I can almost see it, that dream I'm dreamin'. But there's a voice inside my head sayin, You'll never reach it." Ahh the sweet sounds of inspiration echoing in my living room as I type.

And so my mantra begins... 9-5 and no holidays.... 9-5 and no holidays. Say it with me, 9-5 and no holidays! 9-5 AND NO HOLIDAYS!

I am empowered, on to face my homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment