Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sleepy...

So I think only other nurses can understand this... I'm always so exhausted after 3 12 hour shifts in a row. And I'm excited because I'll get to take a NAP this afternoon! I love naps... especially on days like today... gray and rainy with the puppy dog at my feet. It's a nice little escape. And I need escape.

I think all people in my stage of life, a year out of college and trying to make a new life. The excitement and thrill of new husband, new place, new job has begun to wear off. And while I'm still excited about some of those things, like Nick for instance, others have become dull. I sit here wondering if we'll ever buy a house. Will I ever stop working weekends? Will I ever feel like a good nurse? I don't know.

Work has been especially hard the past weekend. Being at a Level One trauma center, we see the sickest of the sick. Yesterday was a culmination of emotion. A dad sat at his son's bedside after a car wreck, a year after his wife passed from the same injuries. Two self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the head. And one 93 year old lady who passed while her 94 year old husband held her hand... I just don't know if I can do it... The Lord has to continue to give me strength, and I'm exhausted... Keep me in your prayers.

But now, Nick and I have 2 days off together and my parents are coming up this weekend with my sister, Cathy. I'm soooooo looking forward to having a break from it all!

And so now, I must retreat to my first little indulgence... nap time.... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment