Thursday, August 26, 2010

Going to the chapel, and Brooks is gonna get married...

So finally a week of vacation... but is it really vacation when you don't sleep in the same bed for more than 2 nights? The jury is still out, but I'm having a great time!

My vacation started last Wed, when I went to the ENT, found out that I wouldn't have to have surgery on my busted eardrum, closed on the house, and headed to Marietta with Rachel. Over the next 2 days, we went to the Atlanta aquarium, Braves game, Athens, and Mall of Georgia. I dropped her off at the airport early on Saturday and went straight to bridesmaidy things. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! Brooks, one of my best friends from college, is getting married this  Saturday! We had a wonderful luncheon, a stressful dress fitting, and a fabulous bachelorette! I was so excited to catch up with old friends whom I haven't seen in over a year!

The next day, I went bridesmaid dress shopping for my best friend Rachel's wedding next spring. Again, it was a time of reunion for me and my roommates and Rachel's sweet mom. I spent the night at Rachel's, and it felt like our life in the dorm room all over. It was such a blessing.

On Monday, Nick flew in and we had dinner with Leslie and McCall. McCall is getting married in just a couple of weeks, and I'm so excited to be able to attend. We spent the night at my folks, and headed over to Athens to spend time with Nick's family. Where I am right now. But my vacation of friends is not over yet! Tonight is Wilder fam night with Sarah Brown, Fri is rehearsal dinner and sleep over with my nursing friend Taylor, and Saturday is BROOK'S WEDDING!

It has been wonderful seeing all of my old friends this past week. I feel so blessed that the Lord has allowed these relationships to continue despite distance and time. And I notice a common theme in these friendships, Jesus. The Lord brought us together as children, teens, and college students, and the bond remains strong. I pray for my relationships with these women and I continue to pray that the Lord blesses the new friendships I am developing in Him.

So, off I go!

1 comment:

  1. What a great bond of friendship you have formed with these ladies over the years! What a blessing! Enjoy the rest of your time in our home state!

    ReplyDelete