Monday, February 7, 2011

Studying and Huge snow flakes

I'm sick and tired of 2 things... studying and huge snow flakes.

First studying, I know it will all be worth it in the end when I get those little letters behind my name, Christy Wilbur, APRN... sigh. But it's still over a year away. Now I do enjoy clinical. Working in a doctor's office is awesome... I feel like a little germ detective, figuring out all the little clues. And it's nice to not have to clean poop at work. But then there is the class side. I enjoy class too, well maybe not research class, but I don't enjoy not having enough time to study. I know I know. I should be studying now instead of complaining, but I needed a little break. 4 hours straight is hard. So I just have to put my head down and plow through all these books, powerpoints, and online lectures... sigh.

No onto huge snow flakes. I also enjoy the snow... when I can stay home and do nothing. Today for example. Went to the doctor for a check up and came out into a snow flurry where snow flakes the size of Yoda's tongue were falling to the ground. It was like God was throwing snow balls at me, saying, "Ha Ha, you have to study!" Ok, so God wouldn't say that but that's how I felt. But for the most part, I'm working most of the days it's snowy out... and there are no snow days for hospital nurses. I'm getting burned out... I need to get the heck out of dodge... and so Nick and I are going on a cruise to the BAHAMAS!!!! In just a month from today, we will be boarding a big ship far away from big huge snow flakes and patients with Neurological disorders and heading for bright sunny beaches and a week of relaxation... sigh....

But until then, onward I must go with studying and such!

No comments:

Post a Comment