Sunday, September 25, 2011

Busy and Habitual

Life has been soooo busy/crazy. I feel like I've never been this tired before in my life... I know it's in part due to the fetus, but I chalk up A LOT to my school/work schedule... I've been working or doing clinical every day since last Sunday. And not only am I doing a lot, I feel like I'm in this habit of life.

I wake up, go to work, go home, eat, sleep, repeat... every day. It has been driving me crazy! (Thankfully Nick and I go on vacation to Disney this week... more on that later). However, after talking with baby daddy last night, I realized something. Right now I'm responding to this busyness and habits with stress, but on the other hand, I respond to God's busyness and habits with joy... shouldn't I be joyful in all things?

The Lord is always working... the Bible tells me He is always hard at work for the good of those who believe (which includes me). He doesn't sleep, He doesn't eat (like I do), He is constantly at work. Aren't I glad for that?

The Lord is also a Lord of habits... isn't that great?! He's trustworthy. Nick and I have been a little stressed about the future (as all expectant parents are I'm sure). But the Lord has always habitually provided for us when we had no other options. It's His M.O. in our lives... we come to some due date (he needed a job before we got married, I needed a job before we moved to Kentucky, we needed a place to live ASAP in Kentucky), and we have always had zero prospects up until the last moment... but it's during those last moment preparations that the Lord provides for us not just one but a multitude of options. I'm so glad that the Lord is habitual... trustworthy. So even though I stress because I have no answers right now, I'm gently reminded by my sweet husband that the Lord is busily and habitually at work for us, on our side.

So I guess I should rejoice that I'm sharing this busyness and this habit-rut that I'm sharing a small part of this with the Lord (though this is easier said than done). But I do know that I am always trusting that the Lord will take care of us and our little family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment