Friday, July 1, 2011

The End of the Crazy... Maybe

So today is my last day of clinicals! Then I just have one paper, one take home test, and one class left. So excited to have a (somewhat) normal life again! That is after I work the whole 4th of July holiday weekend.

Through the summer 'o crazy, I have learned a lot. A lot about being a nurse practitioner, yes, but also a lot about my other roles in life.

I've learned a lot about being a wife. Nick and I have learned to cherish and savor every short moment together. We have met each other for lunch when the other is at work. We have woken up early to see each other off. Stayed up late to have more time together. We have been intentional about our time together; investing in conversations and connecting. It has been sweet.

I have learned about being a better sister. I have been able to talk with my sisters more than ever this summer. Since my commute to clinicals happen the same time as their commute to work, we have been able to chat in the mornings and evenings. Again these are sweet moments.

I have learned about being a better daughter. My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer 2 years ago. He had his prostate removed 2 Octobers ago. During a recent screen we found that his PSA was elevated again. The cancer is back. That is the LAST thing you ever want to hear. So my dad asked me to pray for him and for the Lord to guide him through these decisions ahead. He told me to write down what the Lord has been teaching me. So that is my goal. To learn how to honor my father through blogging. Keep me accountable!

So I would never want to repeat this summer of craziness, but I would never take it back. I hope to find rest in this next month.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your dad's cancer but am glad you are able to share special moments with he and your family. I hope that you did find rest in the last month. Hope you and Nick are doing well and congrats on finishing school! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete