Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ode to July and NASCAR

My roommate in college and I would randomly make up odes to different things that we were enjoying... This is my Ode to July

Oh July,
How I love thee,
With your sunny skies and lack of school.
You will be full of friends, family, travel, and books.
You will be hot, yes, but I look forward to your warmth
In comparison to this cold classroom.
Yes, July,
You could not have come sooner!


On an interesting side note, Nick and I went to the Wal-Mall to return an air filter, and the Wal-Mart parking lot was jammed packed! We had no idea what was happening! I mean it was 11 am on a Wednesday. Then we saw it... Jimmy Johnson's race car. NASCAR had come to this parking lot and brought a flock of ... interesting... people. So the hubs and I finally parked 15 minutes later, got out, and joined the milling masses. The whole time my hubby was yelling "I wanna go fast!" and "Please don't let the invisible fire burn my friend!" It was fun to say the least. And we got free Mountain Dew, which, by all means, seemed... appropriate. :)

Here's to an awesome July!

No comments:

Post a Comment