Sunday, January 8, 2012

A New Year

A new year has already begun... and let me tell you, I'm SUPER PUMPED!

We got to ring in the year with a whole week with family in Georgia. Then Nick and I both were thrusted back in to real life and work. And while this may seem depressing,  we both have a little jump in our step. This will be a year of lasts and firsts mixed in with the prayer that Nick and I will grow closer to eachother, to the Lord, and thus start off our little family right.

As far as lasts. I start my lst semester of my nurse practitioner program tomorrow. 360 hours of clinicals begins tomorrow. That will be 4 days a week of 8-5 plus working 1-2 shifts a week at the hospital.  But when I hit that magical 360 number in April, I'll be D.O.N.E, done!  Soooo exciting. And then will begin a start of a new career (which, fingers crossed, will be fulltime mom and part-time NP).

Nick is also entering his last semester of seminary. He too is doing a lot of school work, but May will come with his graduating and (hopefully) a start of a new job.

In a few weeks, I'll be entering my last trimester (pinch myself!) and April will mark the start of something and someone wonderful!

So prayer, patience, and relying on the Lord will play a HUGE part of this semester, now I just need to keep reminding myself of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment