Monday, August 13, 2012

Hello interwebs!

Hello interwebs!

This summer has been oh-so-very eventful! In short, Nick is loving his new job, (currently sleeping) baby girl is 4 months old and laughing, and we are in the process of unpacking our new home! Let's start with Nick's job.

As you know, he started as the new children's pastor at Cumming Baptist Church. After applying last October, praying for months about finding a job close to sweet Georgia, and, you know, selling a house, having a baby, and graduating, Nick is finally settling into his new role.

It was a busy summer. VBS was a big success (6 weeks after Nick's start date) and now Awana is starting next week. We are so excited about what the Lord has for this church.

Now, if you know me, you know I'm a PK (pastor kid). But being a PK is different than being a pastor's wife. It has been an adjustment, a good one, but stressful when added on to all the other adjustments I'm undertaking this summer. It means being involved (which is good), having your husband very involved (once again good, but an adjustment from being at home with him 4 days a week when we both worked at the hospital), on top of learning how to be. Both wife and a better mother.

How do I deal, do you ask? Proverbs 3:5-6. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not  on your own understanding;In all your ways submit unto him, and He will make your paths straight. Seems simple, right? Trust and lean and submit. It's not the easiest. I know the Lord has a perfect plan and I trust His will will be done, but I can't help but be anxious while waiting. I was anxious with all my pregnancy complications but a perfect Abby was born. I was anxious for Nick to get a job that would provide and he gave us more than what we need. I was anxious about a house and the Lord gave us a generous place to live until we found and bought our current house. And I know He will work in me to have a heart that fully trusts in Him, but I am anxious to see how He will do it. I pray that the anxiety will not overcome me but rather His will. Here's to trusting and leaning!

Next, Abby update!

No comments:

Post a Comment